The herd had been too busy grazing on the lush grass of the savannah to notice her arrival. She wondered how long her presence would remain a secret, and gulped quietly, trying to suppress the feeling of panic that was beginning to rise in her belly.
It had been three days since she had been cast out...
Can you make a list of emotions that the zebra might be experiencing?
Can you begin a sentence with an emotion or two?#
E.g. Nervous and tense, she tiptoed through the herd cautiously.
These sentences are 'sick' and need your help to get better.
The zebra walked along. She felt scared. It was raining.
Why has the zebra been cast out by her own herd, do you think?
Have you ever felt left out or different? What does it feel like?
What advice would you give to the zebra?
- The Mysterious Door, by Lilly
- The Hatching by Grace, Year 6
- Journey to School by Scarlett
- Journey to School by Chloe & Callie, Year 4
- The Hatching by Matilda, Year 1
- The Hatching by Daneil, Year 4
- The Hatching by William H, Year 5
- The Hatching by Isabelle, Reception
- How to Train a Dragon by Harvey P, Year3